The Student Information web site application is known as Student Self-Service (SSS).
Students may access the SSS web site through a link on the Current Students Portal page to view grades, unofficial transcripts, and financial aid (or by clicking here).
Faculty and Staff may access the SSS web site through links on the Houghton College web site labeled "Student Self-Service," or abbreviated "SSS." These may be found on the "Faculty & Staff" web page which is linked to from the Houghton College home page.
When contacting the Helpdesk concerning use of this product, please designate the product you need help with as "Student Self-Service" to help expedite the request
TO USE THE STUDENT SELF-SERVICE SYSTEM:
- Go to the Student Self-Service home page
- Access the page by going to the Houghton College home page, choosing the "Current Students" link in the section near the top, then clicking on the "SSS" icon in the top-right area.
- (NOTE: SSS uses your network account credentials to give you access to your student information.)
- In the User Name field, enter your network account user name without “@houghton.edu.”
- This should be the same as the first part of your email address.
- If the first part of your network account user name (the part before “@houghton.edu”)
is more than 20 characters, only enter the first 20 characters. Entering more will
not allow you to log in.
- In the Password field, enter your network account password.
- You should now be logged into the SSS system.
If you have followed the steps above and are still having difficulties, please
- consider changing your password as outlined in the article "How to change your Houghton Passwords" and attempt logging in again. Please pay close attention to which passwords will be changed with this action.
- or email the Houghton Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Self-Service Account Login." Please include the details of your problem and how you have tried to resolve the issue.
Thank you, the Houghton College Helpdesk