Archiving folders to .pst in Outlook 2007 2010 2013
Posted by on 06 December 2011 03:17 PM
1. Go to the 'File' menu in Outlook 2007 and select 'Import and Export'
2. Select the option 'Export to a file' from the list.
3.Select the option 'Personal Folder File (.pst) from the list.
4. Choose which folder you would like to turn into a .pst. If there are only certain emails you want to export, you can create a separate folder in your Inbox and then when you get to this stage, you can select that folder and only those emails will be in the .pst.
5. Select where you want to save the .pst file. Sometimes the easiest place is simply on your H:drive. Just click on 'Browse' and navigate to the location you cant to save it as. For the 'Options' if this is the only time you are doing this, just leave the first one selected. If you plan on backing up your files regularly leave that one as well. If you are planning several different types of exports, select the second option.
6. Click finish.
1. Go to the 'File' tab in Outlook 2010 and select 'Info'
2. Click on 'Cleanup Tools'
3. Select 'Archive'
4. From there, you can select all of the folders or just one with all of it subfolders and export them to a location of your choice.