Connecting to a vStation server - Windows
Posted by on 22 March 2012 10:56 AM
Before using vStation for the first time, please contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org to be granted access to use it
Connecting to the vStation server
1. Open the Remote Desktop Connection
2. When the following window appears, enter "vStation.houghton.edu" (no quotes) into the computer blank. Then click the options dropdown in the lower left of the window.
3. OR, Type "vStation.houghton.edu" (no quotes) into the "Computer" field. Then, type your Houghton username into the "User name" field.
4. You may be prompted with this dialogue. Simply check the Computer name to make sure it says vStation.houghton.edu before clicking connect.
5. At this point a log in screen will appear. Simply enter your user password to log on. When you are done working log off through the Start Menu.
Using vStation to remote to another computer
6. If you are going to be using vStation to remote into another computer (there is an icon for that on the desktop of vStation) you will first need to enable remote desktop on that computer.
7. Right-click on Computer/My Computer
8. In Windows 7, you will then need to select 'Advanced System Settings' (Windows XP does not need this
9. Go to the 'Remote' tab
10. Under the 'Remote Desktop section select the following:
11. When you connect, type in your computer name (D####.houghton.edu) and it should then allow you to log in.