Email forwarding in Google Apps
Posted by Erin Bard on 16 April 2015 10:13 AM
The following article applies to current students and alumni with Google Apps accounts issued by Houghton College.
This step-by-step guide will show you how to configure your Google Apps email account to forward all emails it receives on to an alternate email address of your choice.
1) Log in to your Houghton College Google Apps account and select the tools button in the upper-right corner (it looks like a gear icon). Then select "Settings" from the list of options (2nd picture below).
2) Next click on the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab at the top.
3) Under the "Forwarding" section, click on the button to "Add a forwarding address".
4) When prompted, enter the alternate email address you want to forward mail to and click "Next". Then confirm the address is typed correctly and press "Confirm".
5) Next you'll need to enable the forwarding and select what you want Google to do with the emails in your Google Apps inbox after forwarding. We recommend you select the option to keep a copy in the inbox.
6) Finally, click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page and you are all done! Now any mail sent to your Houghton College Google Apps account will be forwarded on to your alternate email address.
If you have any questions about this process or require further assistance setting this up, please contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.