Having trouble installing SPSS 14 on your Windows 7 - based PC? Follow these instructions to be able to install and use SPSS 14:
First: uninstall any versions of SPSS that you currently have installed (If you don't know how to do that, use the instructions below)
1. Go to Start > Control Panel
2. Click on "Programs and Features"
3. Located the old version of SPSS in the list of installed programs
4. Click the "Uninstall" button above the list of installed programs and follow the prompts
Second: install version 14 of SPSS
1. Go to the helpdesk tools folder mentioned above: \\Home\Helpdesk.Tools\Classroom Applications\Windows XP\Archive
2. Copy the installer file for SPSS version 14 ("SPSS_14.exe") to your desktop.
3. Right-click on the installer file on your desktop and select "Run As Administrator"
4. When the User Account Control Window pops up, click "Yes"
5. You will then probably see a message about a network problem -- click "Yes" to continue.
6. A window with a blue screen will then open, and you will be able to see the installer's progress in the bottom right of that window.
7. When the installer finishes, the blue window will close.
Third: Run SPSS and insert license key:
1. Go to Start > All Programs > Classroom Apps > SPSS for Windows
2. Right click on the shortcut entitled "SPSS 14.0 for Windows" and select "Run As Administrator"
3. A box will open up that says "What would you like to do" and presents several options. Select "Run the Tutorial" and click "Ok"
4. Close the tutorial window that pops up, and go to Help > License Authorization Wizard in the menu bar at the top of the SPSS window
5. When the authorization wizard opens, click "Start"
6. Then, select the option that says "Use authorization via internet to get license" and click "Next"
7. Enter or copy/paste the following code into the authorization code box: f85b4c8a5542312f0886
8. Click "Next" and then click "Finish"
9. Note that you will have to exit and restart SPSS for your registration to be acknowledged by the program.
10. From now on, you should be able to run SPSS normally by simply clicking the "SPSS 14.0 for Windows" shortcut from your start menu
11. You can delete the SPSS_14.exe installer file from your desktop, as you will not need it any more.
Should you have any difficulties with these instructions, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by while we are open.