Battery Maintenance on Houghton issued Lenovo laptops
Posted by Anastasiya Y. Bogatova on 05 January 2011 04:49 PM
Before starting: this process will take 4-6 hours. It is advised that you do not use the computer during this process. Close all programs before starting and make sure the computer is plugged in to a reliable connection.
1) Navigate to the control Panel
2) Click om ThinkPad Configuration
3) Click on the Power Management Button (on the middle of the right hand side)
4) Click on the Power Manager tab
5) Click Launch Power Manager
6)Click on the Battery Information tab
7)Click Battery Maintenance
8)Click Perform Reset
This will start the Battery Reset process.
To get the best performance from your battery, when using your laptop on battery power, run it down all the way before charging it all the way back up. Keep the computer plugged in whenever possible, thereby using the battery as little as possible.